The Warehouse Manager will be responsible for all warehouse related-activities at his or her respective La Crosse Seed Division.
The Warehouse Manager is responsible for overseeing a wide variety of warehouse activities including shipping and receiving raw materials and/or finished goods, coordinating material transfers and maintaining inventory and associated records. People management responsibilities include hiring and training, planning and assigning daily work, conducting performance appraisals as requested, addressing performance issues, and resolving problems.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Supervise and assist in daily warehouse and shipping areas including:
- Organizing and monitoring inventory, using appropriate resources so that product can be easily located.
- Picking and shipping customer orders (including shipments on LFT trucks, common carriers, UPS/Speedee, customer pick-ups, etc)
- Scheduling and receiving incoming shipments from third parties and routing to appropriate area or personnel.
- Satisfying internal shipping requirements (transfers, vendors, etc.).
- Ensuring accuracy of shipments and supporting documentation.
- Ensuring inventory transactions are accurately logged.
- Receiving completed production into finished goods (production supervisor),
- Overseeing cycle counts and reconciliation activities.
- Measuring and reporting the effectiveness of the department activities.
- Developing and maintaining departmental work instructions for all tasks.
- Establishing or adjusting work procedures to meet warehouse demands as dictated by production schedules and work flow.
- Interpreting company policies to workers and enforcing safety regulations.
- Recommending measures to improve quality of service, increasing efficiency of department and work crew and equipment performance.
- Continuously improve warehouse operations.
- Conferring with other supervisors to coordinate activities of individual departments and serving internal and external customers.
- Education & Experience: High school degree and three to five years of relevant warehouse experience (including 1+ year of previous supervisory experience), or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to make calculations such as discounts, freight estimates, dimensional weight, invoices, and percentages.
- Knowledge of general business computer software and aptitude to learn new software applications such as Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook).
- Ability to meet physical requirements including: a variety of standing, sitting and walking throughout the day; repeated twisting at the torso while lifting and pulling inventory from shelves; regular lifting of up to 50 pounds and occasional lifting of 5--70 pounds, occasional climbing of ladders;
- Forklift operation certification
- Familiarity with Microsoft NAV software.
- Experience streamlining processes and eliminating waste to keep costs low while maintaining high quality products or services.
La Crosse Seed seeks to provide a safe work environment for all its employees. As such, all warehouse job offers are subject to passing a pre-employment drug screen and criminal background check within State and Federal guidelines.