DLF Group is the world leader in the development and sale of high-quality grass seeds for the agricultural and (professional) lawn market. By continuously developing new innovative varieties and products, and with a strong focus on quality and reliability, DLF Group offers demonstrable value to the business of their customers and other relationships. DLF Pickseed North America SBU, is one of our four Strategic Business Units. DLF employees are characterized by a high level of competency, passion, and commitment. Together with an entrepreneurial mindset and a flat organization, this contributes to DLF’s unique agility. Come grow with DLF! Check us out at www.dlf.com (Global) & www.dlfpickseed.ca (Canada) & www.dlfpickseed.com/usa (USA)
About the Job:
Reporting to the North American Head of Marketing, this role is responsible for promoting DLF Canada’s sales of products or services, including the marketing of existing or new product development.
- Prepare product presentations and proposals.
- Develop and implement regional agronomic marketing plans to support organization plans.
- Work with line management and technical staff in disseminating product and technical information within the organization.
- Work with suppliers and clients in marketing campaigns and initiatives. Liaise with other departments regarding market and product development.
- Provide agronomic product support and advice in order to sell products to customers in both retail and wholesale establishments.
- Arrange and coordinate various technical and marketing activities, these may include field days, farmer meetings, demonstration trials and trial sites.
- Remain informed regarding technical developments, marketing trends, competitor strategies etc. via networking, personal development and training.
- Utilize market research to ensure most appropriate means of product dissemination to target audience.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Demonstrated knowledge of and experience executing general marketing concepts and tactics
- Content marketing / copywriting
- New product / technology / concept launch support
- Experience with digital marketing concepts (social media management & targeting, SEO, analytics/measurement)
- Technical/agronomic writing, communication & presenting (via media, to customers, at events)
- 3 years’ minimum experience in Agriculture Industry
- Strong communicator, written, verbal and customer facing
- Knowledge of Canadian seed and Agriculture Industry, market trends and dynamics, competitive products, and distribution channels
- Understanding of product development process and regulatory requirements
- Diploma/Degree/Certificate in Agronomy, Agriculture, Business or related discipline or a combination of education and experience
- Diploma/Degree/Certificate in Marketing, Business or related discipline or a combination of education and experience
- Flexible to work locations in Canada with travel to all DLF North American sites. DLF Canada main office locations- Lindsay Ontario & Winnipeg Manitoba.
Compensation & Benefits:
This position comes with a competitive compensation plan that includes a base salary, benefits, Group RRSP option with company matching program. Compensation will be based on experience.
If you meet the above qualifications and are interested in joining our DLF team, please send your resume and cover letter highlighting your talent and why you fit this role to Karen: firstname.lastname@example.org.
We thank all applicants who apply for this position, but advise only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. DLF Pickseed is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. Accommodations for job applicants with disabilities will be provided upon request during the recruitment, assessment, selection, and placement process. Alternate format available upon request.