The Production Warehouse Worker will be responsible for expertise of all warehouse related activities on his or her designated line and a base knowledge of all assembly lines.
Production Warehouse Manager
The Production Line Lead is responsible for a wide variety of warehouse activities by ensuring production orders are met in a timely fashion while observing the highest level of safety and quality and leading a team.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Expertise and extensive knowledge of all working parts on his or her designated line
- Training of regular and temporary employees on his or her designated line
- Exceptional communication and problem-solving skills
- Ensure cross-contamination risk is below ~0.01%
- Ensure production requirements and standards are met consistently
- Check Production Dump Sheets to verify accuracy of Dump Sheet pick
- Bring light to quality concerning products
- Attach appropriate labels and tags to products and packages
- Operate machinery correctly and maintain it with care
- Complete and deliver production paperwork accurately & timely
- Build & Wrap Pallets
- Work cooperatively with Production & Production Warehouse Managers to meet goals
- Follow all written and verbal instructions
- Maintain clean and safe work area
- Assist and over-see day-end clean up
- Ability to lift 50 pounds consistently for 7-12 hours per day
- Cross-train on all assembly output lines
- Fill-in and run alternate lines as needed
- Continuous improvement mindset
- Forklift Driving & Certification
- Other Duties as assigned
- Education & Experience: Minimum of high school degree and one to three years of relevant warehouse experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Knowledge of general business computer software and aptitude to learn new software applications such as Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook).
- Ability to meet physical requirements including: a variety of standing, sitting and walking throughout the day; repeated twisting at the torso while lifting and pulling inventory from shelves; regular lifting of up to 50 pounds
- Experience streamlining processes and eliminating waste to keep costs low while maintaining high quality products or services.
La Crosse Seed seeks to provide a safe work environment for all its employees. As such, all warehouse job offers are subject to passing a pre-employment drug screen and criminal background check within State and Federal guidelines.