The Operations & Supply Chain Intern will be responsible for learning specific key activities in production and shipping. You’ll enjoy a variety of day-to-day work assignments, cross-departmental meetings while developing knowledge and skills in the agricultural industry.
Director of Operations
The Warehouse Worker is responsible for a wide variety of warehouse activities by ensuring orders are met in a timely fashion while observing the highest level of safety and quality.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Create tags for production and product needing retagging for prompt shipment
- Close work orders/BOMs using the assembly order process, ensuring all data is promptly and accurately recorded in Microsoft Navision
- Daily processing of LTL shipments
- Engage in other freight traffic monitoring activities as needed
- Database management projects
- Updating and working with Supply Modeling Graphs & Charts
- Learning to work day-to-day with NAV Enterprise Resource Planning tool & Shippers Edge Transportation Management System
- Learn how to put together a freight market analysis
- Learn and help with forecasting & procurement
- Assist with warehouse duties when needed
- Other duties as assigned
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk (or standing) and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds occasionally, frequently, constantly throughout the shift.
- Must be able to work in extreme temperatures (i.e. hot in summer, colder in winter)
- Demonstrated knowledge of Microsoft Outlook, Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
- Excellent verbal, written, listening and interpersonal communication skills.
- Strong organizational, multi-tasking, prioritization and follow-up skills.
- Must demonstrate ability to exercise judgment, initiative, and tact in dealing with supervisor, staff, and customers.
- Ability to manage multiple concurrent projects.
- Comfort with technology and strong ability to learn new systems.
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to prioritize tasks.
- Ability to function well in a high-paced and at times stressful environment.
- Education: Business Management or similar educational experience.
- One year of quality work experience in shipping.
We are diligent at keeping our employees safe in the workplace from COVID-19 by following CDC guidelines and recommendations.
La Crosse Seed seeks to provide a safe work environment for all its employees. As part of our commitment to our employees, job offers are subject to passing a pre-employment drug screen and criminal background check within State and Federal guidelines.