The Receiving Clerk will be responsible for all receiving related activities in his or her respective La Crosse Seed Division.
Warehouse Manager/Warehouse Supervisor/Operations manager (which ever applies).
The Receiving Clerk is responsible for a wide variety of warehouse receiving activities including unloading trucks, putting inventory away properly, and filling out documents.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Unloading inbound trailers/containers/semis in accordance with receiving schedule.
- Proper completion of all the required documents.
- Proper put away of all received inventory.
- Organizing inventory in warehouses.
- Consolidating pallets/inventory throughout warehouses.
- Monitor receiving paperwork – double check paperwork matches what is received.
Additional Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist Customers at the time of picking up – load customer vehicles.
- Mix Special orders as needed.
- Package & Ship UPS & Speedee Orders.
- Maintain clean warehouse – Sweep/Organize/Etc.
- Forklift certification is required.
- The ability to lift 50 pounds.
- Assist with cycle counting as needed.
- Other Duties as assigned.
- Pull orders according to the customer pick tickets.
- Build pallets and wrap pallets for loading.
- Loading outbound shipments on various forms of carriers.
- Education & Experience: Minimum of high school degree and one to three years of relevant warehouse experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- The ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- The ability to make calculations such as discounts, freight estimates, dimensional weight, invoices, and percentages.
- Knowledge of general business computer software and aptitude to learn new software applications such as Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook).
- The ability to meet physical requirements include: a variety of standing, sitting, and walking throughout the day; repeated twisting at the torso while lifting and pulling inventory from shelves; regular lifting of up to 50 pounds.
- Forklift operation certification.
- Experience streamlining processes and eliminating waste to keep costs low while maintaining high quality products or services.
We are diligent at keeping our employees safe in the workplace from COVID-19 by following CDC guidelines and recommendations.
La Crosse Seed seeks to provide a safe work environment for all its employees. As such, all warehouse job offers are subject to passing a pre-employment drug screen and criminal background check within State and Federal guidelines.