The driver will be responsible for transporting products from distribution centers to customer locations, conducting pre/post trip inspections, and load/unload products from delivery vehicles to desired locations.
The Driver is responsible for a wide variety of warehouse/distribution activities including setting up orders by processing requests, preparing pallets, and loading and unloading trucks, transporting products, and conducting safety inspections.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Pick all orders as needed
- Load outgoing Company vehicles and customer vehicles for Delivery
- Build & Wrap Pallets for LTL Deliveries
- Load and unload trucks
- Monitor receiving paper work – double check paperwork matches what is received
- Assist Customers at time of pick up – load customer vehicles
- Fork Lift Driving Required
- Ability to lift 50 pounds
- Perform DOT-required pre-trip and post-trip inspections
- Maintain accurate records for submission to fleet office
- Inspect loaded truck for accuracy of order, compliance with weight restrictions, and proper securing of load.
- Deliver product to customers or other locations
- Other Duties as assigned
- Education & Experience: Minimum of high school degree and one to three years of relevant warehouse experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- CDL Certification
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to make calculations such as freight estimates, dimensional weight, invoices, and percentages.
- Ability to provide quality service to customers using clear communication skills.
- Knowledge of general business computer software and aptitude to learn new software applications such as Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook).
- Ability to meet physical requirements including: a variety of standing, sitting and walking throughout the day; repeated twisting at the torso while lifting and pulling inventory from shelves; regular lifting of up to 50 pounds
- Forklift operation certification
- Experience streamlining processes and eliminating waste to keep costs low while maintaining high quality products or services.
Earn up to $24-$26 per hour with benefits and estimated average overtime pay. Base hourly rate is $20.00.
La Crosse Seed seeks to provide a safe work environment for all its employees. As such, all warehouse job offers are subject to passing a pre-employment drug screen and criminal background check within State and Federal guidelines.